CORPORATE/COMMERCIAL LAW AND REAL ESTATE LAW
After gaining experience at several well-established litigation law firms, Susan decided to transition her practice to corporate/commercial law and real estate law.
Susan has this to say about her decision to join the Lift Legal team:
“I enjoy helping people by problem solving and finding the answers and solutions they need. I like to make a difference in my clients’ lives, whether it’s helping them start a business or purchase their first home. Working with Lift Legal allows me to have a strong relationship with clients where I can walk closely with them through every stage of the legal process.”
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
- Susan handles real estate transactions and can assist with the purchase or sale of commercial and residential properties.
- Susan drafts, reviews and advises on commercial leases.
- Susan advises employees and employers on employment contracts, terminations and other employment matters.
- Susan advises businesses from start-up to sale and can assist with the incorporation and formation of all types of business entities.
- Susan prepares and negotiates a variety of commercial agreements, corporate formation documents and other company agreements, including employment, independent contractor, non-disclosure/non-competition, service provider and shareholder agreements.
- Susan has experience in litigation and negotiation, having assisted countless personal injury clients and employees with negotiations for settlements.
- Susan takes pride in drafting all types of legal agreements from the standard to the novel and complex, all in a clear and concise manner.
- Susan earned a BA, majoring in English, from the University of Alberta in 2013 before obtaining her JD from the University of Saskatchewan in 2016.
- During her studies at the U of S, Susan completed a practicum with a law firm and shadowed the in-house counsel for the Elizabeth Fry Society. She also extensively volunteered with different law school groups such as Just Rights, CLASSIC, and the law school band called “the Dissent”.
- Susan articled and worked as a lawyer in British Columbia before joining Lift Legal in 2022.
Susan was born and raised in a small town called Trail, British Columbia. After having lived in Edmonton for four years during her undergraduate studies at the University of Alberta, she decided to return to Edmonton. Family and friends are extremely important to Susan, which was part of her decision to move back to the area.