Health Regulatory, Employment and Estate Lawyer
After a varied background in government, and international and local law firms, Nicole was excited to join Lift Legal in her hometown of St. Albert.
This is what Nicole had to say about her decision to join the Lift Legal Team:
After more than a decade of practising law in a variety of contexts, a new enthusiasm for my work was sparked with this opportunity. As a born and raised “St. Albertan”, Lift Legal offered me the opportunity to better serve my clients and my community. I feel privileged to have had the experience of working in large firms that provided me with great mentorship and legal training. However after working as a sole practitioner for a time, I missed the ability to consult and collaborate with colleagues which, I believe, supports a better product and client service. As a member of the Lift Legal team, I look forward to serving my community and for my clients to benefit not only from the experience I have, but from the entire team at Lift Legal.”
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
- Nicole has broad experience in the regulation of health professionals. Nicole advises on the day-to-day fulfilment of regulatory responsibilities.
In this role she interprets and applies legislation, advises on regulatory compliance, investigations, inspections, continuing competence and registration issues. Nicole has appeared before hearings tribunals on behalf of the regulatory body and has extensive experience in gathering and summarizing evidence in a clear and concise manner.
- Nicole is experienced in employment law and assists with all types of non-litigation employment matters, serving both employers and employees.
- As a skilled negotiator, Nicole has negotiated settlements outside of formal legal processes and does so practically and effectively.
- Nicole is an experienced Wills and Estates lawyer who assists clients with developing and implementing their estate plan.
- Nicole earned a degree in Canadian Studies and then an LLB from the University of Alberta.
- After graduating from Law School in 2007 Nicole worked for the Alberta government as well as local, national and international law firms.
- Nicole joined Lift Legal in 2020.
Nicole was born and raised in St. Albert, a town which she is still proud to call home.
Nicole takes great pride and joy in her family and in keeping up with her two children. Together they enjoy partaking in all St. Albert has to offer, from the trail systems, to the pools, farmer’s market and neighbourhood barbeques. Nicole is thrilled to be a part of the Lift Legal team who serves the community she has always known and loved.
More than anything, Nicole loves music, dance, good food and spending time at the lake. You can find Nicole anywhere from a dancefloor to schooling an opponent around a campfire in a friendly game of crib. Nicole is a free spirit, enjoys trying all things new and sharing such experiences with her friends and family.