Having previously summered with the firm, Josh has rejoined Lift Legal after earning his Masters of Law Degree from the University of Bristol.
Josh has this to say about what brought him back to Lift Legal:
“I was interested in Lift Legal because it aligns with my practice interests, but also because of its personal approach to the business of law. Lift Legal provides a value-driven service, with client relations being the underlying driver to our success. Lift Legal is also dedicated to serving the community of St. Albert, which is a place I have called home for over twenty years.”
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
- Josh is interested in all things corporate, and has a particular passion for assisting with start-ups, franchising, mergers, and acquisitions.
- While earning his law degree, Josh worked for the University of Bristol Law Clinic where he provided pro-bono legal advice in areas such as employment, family, medical negligence, and contract law.
- Having more than six years of varied experience in the hospitality industry, Josh brings to Lift Legal an extensive understanding of customer service and management.
- Josh earned a Bachelor of Commerce degree from MacEwan University in 2015.
- After graduating from MacEwan, Josh travelled to the United Kingdom to pursue his Masters of Law Degree at the University of Bristol, a Top 50 University in the World.
- Josh held a summer internship position at Lift Legal in 2018.
- After earning his Masters of Law degree, Josh returned to St. Albert in August 2019 and re-joined the Lift Legal team.
Josh was born and raised in St. Albert. After studying in the United Kingdom, Josh was eager to return to the community he calls home.
When he isn’t working, you can find Josh enjoying events all over St. Albert and Edmonton, from the farmer’s market to the Edmonton Folk Music Festival. Josh loves checking out dog parks with his bulldog Owen, and they often explore St. Albert’s beautiful trail system together. Josh is also a dedicated golfer, and plays every Monday with his dad.
Though he’ll always return to St. Albert, Josh’s time abroad inspired him to travel as much as he can. Josh loves to experience new cultures, and hopes to visit Indonesia and India in the near future.